Tuesday, October 12, 2010

danger zone

My kitchen is a danger zone. With 4 girls living here, it would be expected to be a little messy sometimes, but lately it's just been driving me crazy. We're all super busy, but I can't remember the last time we had an empty dishwasher AND empty sink. The floor is gross, so I avoid looking at it. I wipe down the counters as often as possible, but there's always crap all over the place. Aggravating. I'm to blame as well, I just wish we all weren't as busy as we are and could take the time to clean on a regular basis.

Also, I didn't know mold could grow in the fridge...apparently it can. I had a tupperware container with spaghetti sauce in it because one of my roommates is an art major and she needed the jar for her oil brushes [or something artsy like that]. So, being the nice roomie I am, I gave her my jar and put the sauce in a tupperware. bad idea.

I think that glass jars are meant to keep things fresh [like sauce] for a while...but because my tupperware was in the back of the fridge, I saw it every now and then, but didn't ever use it up...and now? gross. mold.

I just kind of looked at it this morning and thought to myself "well that's gross...I'll deal with it later." But finally I got up the guts this afternoon to clean it out. Oh my gosh. The was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen....it didn't really smell, but there were little growths all over the place.

It's times like these when I miss living at home full time. If this had happened at home, my mom would have taken care of it...but because I'm an "adult" now..I have to do it. dang it.

I think I like this blogging thing...but it's still too soon to know for sure...



maybe his sauce had mold in it too? :]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...