Thursday, November 4, 2010

my little docker


born to be wild!

Tommy. Where to begin...


I am the oldest of four, but at one time, it was just Tommy and I. He was such a cute little kid, but I'm not going to pretend like I remember that from when I was one and a half years old. 

But regardless, that hasn't changed. He was and still is a cute kid. Adult. Young adult? Strange. He's 18 now, soon to be 19, so I suppose that qualifies him as a young adult.

Anyways, Tommy is a genius. Literally. Like, he loves math and science, and that may make him sound like a total nerd, but in reality, he's really "normal". Get him going on a rant about why something causes something else, and good luck to you, but other than that, he's just a regular 18 year old guy. I honestly am so proud to be his sister. He can pump out numbers, etc but in addition, he's HILARIOUS. I swear. No one can make me laugh like my little brother. He's a crack up. Like, he'll send me these texts sometimes that will make me laugh in the middle of class or wherever I am. Now, they're usually inappropriate, but funny nonetheless. lol

Tommy is also one of the only people [or maybe THE only] person who will tell things to me straight. Especially when it comes to guy stuff. I have the tendency to get wrapped up in my emotions and delusions [like most women], and he'll always bring me back to planet Earth if need be. I have other friends who will sugar coat things to me in order to not hurt my feelings, but he knows that at the end of the day, it is better that I know the truth rather than live in a fantasy world of what I think is going on with a guy I like.


Tommy and I with our cousin Rebecca
 Also, this just came to my mind, but Tommy is going to be a great father. Obviously, he's going to have to graduate and get his masters and doctorate before getting married, but THEN he'll be a great dad. He loves kids and it's really funny to watch him interact with little kids. I think that's the best way to see how a guy is going to be as a father. Most men can figure it out and be good dads with practice, but then there are the men who are just naturals. Tommy is one of those guys. Just sayin.


Also, we survived a 12 hour Greyhound trip from Alexandria, MN to Chicago, IL. Two siblings can become really close over that amount of time. Not to mention the week following when we lived by ourselves together at home while the rest of our family was still on vacation.
Ok, and now I really miss him. Maybe this was a bad idea, but whatever, it's done now. By the way, these are just surface reasons why I love Tommy. He is much more than a funny, smart, straightforward, wonderful future-dad. MUCH more. But these are the things that come to mind right now.

I can't wait until break when he and I can have our getting-ready-for-bed-in-the-bathroom chats.
Can't. Wait. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...