Wednesday, November 10, 2010

t-bird

This post is dedicated entirely to my youngest sibling, and only sister, which is why I can say that she is my favorite sister :]

T-Beara. T-bird. little T. Terrorizer. little bit. my sister.

Tara has a special place in my heart, not just because she's the little kid and I love her to death, but because I so desperately wanted a little sister after living the first 6 years of my life with 2 brothers. Don't get me wrong, I love my brothers, but c'mon! Everyone wants a sister! :]

My parents told us that they were pregnant and I remember being so excited. I was FINALLY going to get my baby sister! From a very young age I always loved babies and when Tommy and Michael were born, I was so excited and loved them so very much, but at that age, couldn't really retain those memories, but NOW I was going to have a little sister and I could dress her, play with her and love her a whole lot!

Now, you need to understand that my parents never found out the sex of the baby before he/she was born. They figured that there are so little surprises left in this day and age, that waiting in anticipation for the birth of a child and not knowing what you'll end up with, just praying that it is healthy, is one of the GOOD surprises in life. Yet, no matter how many times they told me throughout the pregnancy, I was convinced that I was going to get my baby sister.

My mom went in to be induced a few days after the due date, and us kids went to stay with a family friend for the day. The whole day I was practicing my cartwheel so that when we got the call that I had a baby sister, I could do one in excitement. And yet, the day came and went, and no baby. I was SO mad. I wanted my baby sister! A week or so later goes by and my mom goes into labor and what do you know! A girl! Told 'em.

So from the very beginning, I've loved Tara. And as she grows older [now a 14 year old freshman in high school!], it's becoming more and more fun to hangout with her and become more than sisters, but friends also.

Let me tell you, this kid is funny. She cracks me up. When she was little, Tara used to give us "smoochie kisses" before bed. She would hold onto your face with two hands and give you a long, wet smooch right on the lips. Complete with sound effects. And this was when she was about 3 years old...hilarious. Now, she's over that stage, thank God, but she's still as funny as ever.

I haven't been home since the summer [Thanksgiving will be the first time being home] but I've heard that not only does she miss me a whole lot, but she's stepped in my shoes as terrorizer of the household, making sure to keep our dad in line by teasing him a whole lot. I've taught her well.

And she shares my love for babies, which is awesome. I love her a lot and can't wait to see her so soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...