Thursday, April 26, 2012

grown up

"Are you SO excited to be graduating in 14 days?!"
"So what are your plans for after graduation?"
"You're a Psychology major? You're going to grad school right?"
"Any responses on those job applications?"

all of the questions above make me shudder. literally.

They're expected, sure...because let's face it, I AM 2 weeks from graduating and by this point, most people have their plans set in place. Nope. Not me.

false. I do not.
I am spontaneous...when it comes to roadtrips, new drinks, clothes, etc. but not my future. I like a plan.

I have an outline at least...moving back in with my parents and younger siblings...woopee. :P No, I really am grateful...because of this fallback option, I don't have to worry about having to figure out how to pay my first couple months rent, finding an apartment/roommates, etc. but a job would be nice...anything, really would be nice. And it's not that I mind that people ask me questions about my future...it's just that when they come from all angles and are sometimes insensitive (*ahem* "You can't do ANYTHING with just a Psych degree!") I'm just like "Really? C'mon man..." and stress even more. 

Trust. This is all a lesson in trust. Trust in the Lord, trust in His goodness, trust in His plan for me which is much greater and better than I could ever dream up. I just need to learn to be patient and trust that He'll reveal it all in good time :)


But the upside to being an almost-graduated-senior is that I do have quite a bit of time on my hands, which means that I can make videos like this:




fab. I love my friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...