Thursday, August 23, 2012

life is pretty good.

so after the dilemma that was my bike, it feels so great to have a mode of transportation once again!

for those of you who aren't in the loop with what's been going on with my bike, here's the low-down:

I bought the bike online.
wait...Best Buy sells bikes...?
They delivered the bike.
hey UPS, thanks for being morons. seriously?!
I assembled the bike.
"hope that's a fully assembled bicycle..."
it wasn't.
One week later I finished assembling and filling the tires so I could ride it to work. (this was a Tuesday)
A couple days later, the left pedal was loose. 
I tightened it.
The next day, the left pedal was loose again.
I tightened it.
I rode it all weekend and continuously had to keep tightening my loose pedal.
On Tuesday, I left after work and after riding 5 blocks, my pedal fell off.
Fell off.
All of the threads on the pedal and inside the crank were stripped.

Oiy vey.

Clearly, something went wrong.
Either I put it together incorrectly or I received defective parts.
Regardless, I have a warranty and dang it, I need new parts!

So, I called Customer Service, the lady I spoke to was super nice and one week later I got the parts in the mail. Well, let's just say that replacing the crank on a bike is a lot more difficult than one might think. I tried to do it on my own...ok, so I only tried for like 3 minutes...and realized that there was no way that I would be able to do it on my own.

Good thing one of my very dear friends and self-proclaimed big brother, Patrick, lives literally a couple blocks from me. (which is very exciting since he is marrying one of my other dear friends, Lori, next weekend!)
I texted him asking if he might have the tools to repair said bicycle and of course, he did.
I then may or may not have asked if he would fix it for me...and he obliged.
Though, I don't think he knew what he was getting into because he fixed it dressed in what looked like work-type clothes :)
BUT IT'S FIXED!
All thanks to nice customer service people and Pwood.
thanks big bro!
Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...