Tuesday, December 4, 2012

uber masculine

Back at ol' ISU, there were a fair number of people who drove around on what I think are called "crotch rockets"?
Their words, not mine.


And they're cool. Fast and loud.
And definitely manly.

So upon moving to CU and working on UIUC's campus, I was slightly shocked that there aren't alot of "vrooming" vehicles around. Actually, the only one that I ever saw was a Harley that one of the chaplains owned. Funny.

What's strange about that, you ask?

It's not the lack of motocycles that shock me, I suppose...rather the extraordinary overflowing amount of mopeds that are found on this campus. I'm serious.

And it's not girls who are riding these dainty little things! It's GUYS!

And sometimes MORE THAN ONE BIG MAN!!!
It's actually quite funny because I've seen it happen more than once.
(and I actually almost ran over a couple of guys who were riding a bike like this....)

I mean, I have nothing against mopeds...but I just don't think I've ever seen more men riding them than I have here at UIUC...and actually, one of my friends used to have one (a girl) and during the summer a couple years ago, this actually happened:


This picture was taken a minute before they got pulled over by the cops. No, I am not joking.
Apparently, it's illegal to ride one of those with more than 2 people....whoops.

Aaaaanyway....I just think it's funny...because I know what it's like to be on one of those puppies and feeling really cool because you're cruising along, the wind is in your hair...and then you remember that you're on a freaking moped.
Not so cool.


Sorry to break it to you, dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...