Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pinterest Review: DIY Vitamin C Mask


As promised, here is the first of what I hope to be weekly reviews of Pinterest DIY projects! Some will be skincare, some crafts, some even maybe gardening-related projects (I started composting last week!!! SUPER excited :) In the past year, I've pinned more ideas than I can remember with the thought "oh, I really need to do this sometime!"

well sometime is now.

Sooooo here we go! 

I'm always looking for new facial masks that can leave my face feeling refreshed. So you can imagine my glee when I found a DIY Vitamin C mask from Delighted Momma!

Vitamin C (as I'm told) is great for your skin as a natural brightener and since I had some VitC just laying around (don't ask why), I figured I'd take a whack at this recipe.

First you get yourself some powdered VitC...maybe you could just crush up some swallowables? Not sure. I got mine at Natural Gourmet. It can also be found here.
 cute bowl optional.

Then mix in some H2O until you've got a paste of sorts.
 Like so.

Aaaaaand spread it all over your face.
 better keep those eyes open to avoid VitC up the nose...

That's it! Check yourself out to ensure complete facial coverage.
Don't be concerned if it burns a little...happened to me too.

...wait for awhile until you're feeling kind of crusty... 

Then use a warm washcloth to remove the crustiness...
And voila! My skin definitely felt smoother and...brighter? I don't know....it felt....refreshed is the word, I suppose. A few hours later, my skin was still oil-free, which NEVER happens so that was awesome.

I'd definitely recommend this Pinterest DIY and count it as a success!

Have you tried this mask? I'd love to hear about your results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...