Thursday, August 15, 2013

TAG!

Amanda tagged me in this game of...whatever we're calling it...tag, mayhaps?
Well, I can't resist a good Q&A, so here goes nothing!

-----------------

1.) The first rule is to post these rules.
2.) Post a photo of yourself then write 11 things about you/your life.
3.) Answer the questions for you set in the original post.
4.) Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5.) Go to their blog/twitter to tell them you have tagged them.


I like chips.

11 things about me:

1. ....ok, this is a lot harder than I thought it would be....usually when people ask for me to say something that they wouldn't know, I'd say that I have a blog....but....duh.

2. OH! Here's something people might find interesting....Marc Cardaronella is the DRE at my parish! How awesome is that?! I didn't know he was a big deal until a couple weeks ago. Pretty sweet, yeah?

3. I wish life was a musical or at least had a background soundtrack playing constantly....I just really love music!

4. Umm.....oh, I can sing. Pretty well, I hear. (pun not intended ;) On my way back from NC this weekend, we were belting Defying Gravity. I was impressed by my skillz.

5. I think I'm really funny. Like, I laugh at the funny things I say. It's quite amusing.

6. So, I'm the oldest of 4 kids....I have two brothers and a sister....and according to my family, I'm the one who starts the most trouble. They call me the "pot stirrer" because I come home, stir everything up and then back away to watch the crazy ensue. 

7. My family and I are really close...and we're all really close with our extended family which is a huge blessing. I was the maid-of-honor in my cousin's wedding this June and gave a BA toast....the best pictures are below:






isn't she a beautiful bride?!
8. Sorry...that last one turned into a photo-dump. Whoops. Well, I live about 4 hours from my family (minus my brother out at PITT), so it's a good thing that I have friends right here in town....and more than are moving here this month! My favorite, by far is this little monkey:


9. And going off of that last one, I love babies. A LOT. It's a joke in my family that I have a baby radar that can sense a baby from miles away. That might be only a slight exaggeration.

10. I've never been out of the U.S. Not even to Canada. It's kind of sad, but I've seen a lot of our nation, so that's a plus :)

11. My first name is both Irish Gaelic (meaning rocky crag) and German (Morgen = morning), my middle name is Catholic (Veronica), and my last name is Irish (it's a "Mc" :)....and I'm half Irish, half German, and 100% Catholic :)


Questions Amanda asked of me:

1. What is your favorite thing to blog about, or which post of yours is your favorite?
hmmm well, I obviously really like talking about single-people topics, seeing that that's pretty much all I post these days but I mostly enjoy writing about things around me, things I've observed or experienced that interest me...yeah. And I'll cheat....this is one of my favorite posts :)

2. Who is your favorite band at the moment?
agghhh Amanda! Don't do this to me! I love music. Like, ALL music. Even head-banging metal music* but right now I love me some Mumford and Sons....and Jack Johnson.....and Lady Antebellum....and The Band Perry....and Lorde....and....I'll stop now.

*in specific settings

3. If you were going to die tomorrow and you could go anywhere before you died, where would you spend your last day on earth?
Millerville, MN - my family has been going up there every year since before I was born for vacation in the summer and it's my favorite place in the world. My best friends are up there and I just love it. Just a few cabins smack dab in between two lakes surrounded by soybean and corn fields.
Heaven.

4. What is your favorite prayer (outside of the Mass)?
I really love the Salve Regina. English and Latin. Sung or recited. I love it all.

5. What song or movie do you turn on at the end of bad day?
ooooo...I don't really have one that I turn to currently, but Dark Blue by Jack's Mannequin was my jam back in HS. Used to play that bad boy on repeat.

6. Which season of the year is your favorite and why?
I truly and honestly love them all, but if I had to choose, I would say Spring. New life beginning and the smell of spring in the air after dry, cold winters is the best.

7. Which liturgical season is your favorite and why?
Triduum. Hands down. I fell in love with the Triduum season during college when it felt like we were basically living at the Cathedral. The best year was when after the Easter Vigil mass, Bishop Jenky invited all college students into his home for a party. Best. Day. Ever.

8. Would you rather be taking pictures or be in the pictures?
Can I choose both? Lately, I'm in more pictures than I take myself, but I don't really have a preference. 
But I'm definitely not one of those "no no no I don't want to be in the picture!" kind of people :)

9. What is the best deal you ever got on a piece of clothing and what did you buy?
I've been lucky multiple times, but usually when I'm on vacation somewhere....but I think the best deal I ever got was at White House | Black Market at an outlet mall in Gulf Shores, AL
I bought a silk skirt for $9.99....I'm not sure what original retail was but their skirts usually range from $50-$100. 
So yeah. Awesome.

10. What is the best piece of advice/or wisdom you ever heard from your mother?
Whatever's meant to be will be - no sense in worrying about what you can't control.

11. If you could go back in time five years and tell yourself one thing, what would you tell your younger self?
Chill the heck out. Stop freaking out about your future....planning ahead isn't a bad thing, but you have to expect that changes will occur. Life is a lot easier if you learn to adapt and thrive during transition.


Questions for those tagged:

1. What is the longest roadtrip you've ever taken?
2. Where was your favorite vacation destination you've ever been?
3. Favorite frugal-ish place to clothing shop? (need some help over here! :)
4. Easiest I-worked-all-day-but-don't-want-McDonalds-AGAIN recipe? (link-up if you can!)
5. What did you want to be when you were younger?
6. Any books you're currently reading?
7. What is your favorite TV show at the moment? (or coming back in the Fall!)
8. True or False: ice cream makes most bad days better?
9. Do you journal? If so, where and what time of day?
10. What are your favorite fruits and veggies?
11. Do you thrift? What was your best find?


And I'll tag:

Jordan @ Occasional Humor
Katy @ Young American Catholic
Katrina @ Cedars & Tiny Flowers
Stephanie @ Captive the Heart
Lauren @ Focus on the Fiat
Stacey @ The Girl with the Lily Tattoo

Amanda tagged pretty much everyone I would have initially thought of, but I'm excited to have the chance to introduce y'all to some newbie bloggers....and hopefully this will give some of them (*ahem*JORDAN*) the kick in the pants they need to get back into the blogging world ;)

xo, mo

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Thanks for participating and sorry I stole all of the people you wanted to tag, such is the blogging world I suppose ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kind of blog-stalking you right now because HELLO, why have I not read through your blog before? I can relate so much!

    I'm very much into the pro-life movement, and my friends at college jokingly hold me back whenever a baby is within sight. Haha! No, I will never kidnap one....probably ;-)

    And I agree. Life would be awesome with a soundtrack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha hello! Nice to "meet" you :)

      I work in the pro-life movement! How funny! In college, I would go to morning mass with one of my friends and he would always whisper "ok, ok, don't freak out, but there's a baby over there...seriously, stay calm." I've learned to control myself better, but not much :)

      Delete

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...