Saturday, May 17, 2014

St. Gianna Beretta Molla {Guest Post at Cherishing Everyday Beauty}

Happy Saturday, all!

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm guest posting over at Sarah's blog, Cherishing Everyday Beauty, today! Here's a sneak peek...


------------

My freshman year of college, I attended a retreat held by the Newman Center called "Koinonia" (Greek for community). Every retreat had a patron saint chosen for the weekend and my retreat's patron saint was St. Gianna Beretta Molla. Our tagline for the weekend was "Love courageously!"

This weekend was where I really began to dive further into my faith and relationship with God. Looking back, the fact that St. Gianna was the patron saint of a retreat that kickstarted my faith journey seems extremely providential, but I'll get to that a bit later.

Ever since I first learned of St. Gianna, I loved her.
I loved her story, I loved her life, I loved her devotion to love....

------------


Click over to Cherishing Everyday Beauty to read the rest! While you're there, check out the other posts in her Saints Series! 

Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, dear! :) I need to read more about her. I have been feeling a little nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I hadn't done my saint post with Sarah about Our Lady of Annunciation I would have chosen St. Gianna. I was blessed while I was in Italy to visit Magenta and see the Church she was married at and her children were baptized at. I also meet her sister and visited the convent her sister lives at. The way that St. Gianna has most impacted my life is realizing that if the Lord calls me to work (aka not SAHM) and have children that I can still be a saint if that is in fact the Lord calls me to. Have you read her love letters book?

    ReplyDelete

Be my friend and leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...